The Power of You. That was the theme of the Texas Computer Education Association’s 2017 Convention & Exposition held this year in Austin, Texas. Our own BISD Digital Learning Department was invited to share their expertise with over 12,000 convention participants.
The 6 BISD Digital Learning Coordinators and Coaches that presented on the following innovative strategies were:
- Lindsey Blackstock and Kristen Leonard - “Power Up Your PD,”
“Let’s Hangout” and “Chrome Apps and Extensions for Dynamic Learning”
- Christie Burns - “Tricks and Tips for Chromebooks with PreK-2”
- Cynthia Johansen and Misty Wilson - “Oh, The Flipping You’ll Go”
- Christie Burns, Cynthia Johansen, and Misty Wilson - “Put Me In, Coach”
- April Whitehead - “STEAMy Google Drawings”
The TCEA Annual Convention & Exposition “brings together campus and district-level educators to explore best practices for engaging students, increasing productivity, and innovating teaching and learning with technology.” The 5 day event touted 900 plus sessions, over 450 exhibitors and is one of the largest educational technology conferences in the nation and the largest in Texas.
We are proud to have our BISD team setting the standard in providing professional learning opportunities that are empowering staff and fostering technology-enriched learning environments.