Freeport Intermediate School Mission Statement is
to graduate each student to be future ready.
Armed with an intrinsic belief that all students can learn and a "no excuse" philosophy,
the administration, faculty, and staff at Freeport Intermediate School
believe that their students achieve this mission each and every day.
Freeport Intermediate School, located in Freeport, Texas
is a small community on the Gulf Cost 60 miles south of Houston. Our
mascot is the "Rowdy Redskin", and our colors are Red, White, and Black.
The approximate total enrollment of Freeport Intermediate is 525 students.
The student body is composed of:
- Hispanic -- 62.5%
- White -- 21.5%
- African-American -- 12.4%
- American Indian/Alaskan Native -- Less than 1%
- Two or more races -- 2.3%
- Economically Disadvantaged -- 75.4%
Freeport Intermediate Goals coincide directly with Brazosport Independent School District Goals:
The schools community believes in working hard and playing hard. Freeport Intermediate School
is a place where youngsters believe in themselves, study hard and
achieve, and treat each other with respect. The joy, the effort, the
focus, the expectation and the academic achievement attest to the
extraordinary efforts of the instructional staff. The gains in student
achievement, reductions in disciplinary incidents, and the high
attendance rate are the outcomes of a remarkable school.
- FIS will provide a rigorous and relevant learning experience to ensure that every student will B*Future-Ready.
- FIS learning environments will be safe and conducive to learning.
- FIS will promote, communicate and market the accomplishments, achievements and successes of students and staff.
- FIS will exercise fiscal responsibility to ensure financial strength and provide the resources to equip and maintain quality facilities and educational programming.
- FIS will recruit, develop, and retain highly effective staff.