Freeport Intermediate School Mission Statement is a concise but very powerful phrase ~
"Success For All"
Armed with an intrinsic belief that all students can learn and a "no excuse" philosophy,
the administration, faculty, and staff at Freeport Intermediate School
believe that their students achieve this mission each and every day.
Freeport Intermediate School, located in Freeport, Texas
is a small community on the Gulf Cost 60 miles south of Houston. Our
mascot is the "Rowdy Redskin", and our colors are Red, White, and Black.
The approximate total enrollment of Freeport Intermediate is 556
The student body is composed of:
- Hispanic -- 67.45%
- White -- 18.17%
- African-American -- 12.23%
- American Indian/Alaskan Native -- Less than 1%
- Two or more races -- 1.08%
- Economically Disadvantaged -- 84%
Freeport Intermediate Goals coincide directly with Brazosport Independent School District Goals:
The schools community believes in working hard and playing hard. Freeport Intermediate School
is a place where youngsters believe in themselves, study hard and
achieve, and treat each other with respect. The joy, the effort, the
focus, the expectation and the academic achievement attest to the
extraordinary efforts of the instructional staff. The gains in student
achievement, reductions in disciplinary incidents, and the high
attendance rate are the outcomes of a remarkable school.
- Each student will be equipped to achieve the highest level of success in all curricular areas.
- All staff will actively contribute to organizational excellence.
- FIS will provide adequate resources through alternative funding and sound financial stewardship.
- FIS facilities will be equipped and maintained to exceed the highest standards of quality, safety, and innovation.
- Technology will be a fully integrated means for instruction and operations.
- Partnerships between the district and community will be strengthened in order to increase shared responsibility and trust.
2011-2012 NCLB Report Card
Freeport Intermediate School is sharing this information
about the district and your child's campus with you as part of its
obligations under the federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 [NCLB].