FAQs - Español

Obtaining Records

How do you determine how long to keep records?
Brazosport ISD’s board of trustee approved a record retention schedule and was filed with the State Library & Archives Commission. Therefore each record has a certain retention period which is found in our “RECORDS RETENTION SCHEDULE.”

How often do you destroy records?
Records that have reached their retention limit are destroyed once a year by RCI Inc. RCI Inc is  company which specializes in the processing and destruction of records.
How do I request a record?
You must have certain information available when requesting  a record. A records request can be e-mailed to [email protected]. Any request must include the following information:

  • Student full legal name at the time of graduation
  • Student date of birth
  • Student last four digits of social security number
  • School the student graduated from
  • Year of graduation
  • Information where record is to be sent
  • Proof of identity

I do not have a driver’s license or I.D. for proof of identity, what else can I provide to obtain my record?   
You may provide any other form of identification with a picture (work badge, old student I.D. card, passport, etc.).  If you do not have any of these items, you may go to a campus for a copy of a year book where you are pictured.  Special cases may arise, so please contact the Records Management Officer for further assistance.

How can I obtain a copy of my High School Diploma?
BISD does not maintain copies of high school diplomas.  The diploma provided following graduation is the only copy created.  For proof of graduation, you will need to submit a Student Record Request.

Does BISD keep immunization records?
BISD follows the records retention rules set by TSLAC (Texas State Library and Archives Commission).  The retention for immunization records is 2 years from the time of withdrawal.  If it has been longer than 2 years since you withdrew, B.I.S.D will not have your immunization record. Special cases may arise, please contact the Records Management Officer.

Does BISD keep the copies of my birth certificate and social security card?
If your birth certificate and social security card were provided to BISD at the time of your initial enrollment, BISD will keep these records for five years from the time of your graduation or set graduation date. After this time they will be destroyed in accordance with the Texas State Library Archive Commission (TSLAC) Records Retention Schedule.

Is there a charge?
There is currently no charge from BISD for copies of records.

Where is my school records located?
If you are currently enrolled or graduated within one year, you will need to contact the high school you last attended to request your records. If it has been more than one year since you graduated you will need to contact the Records Management Center.

What are the hours of operation?
Regular hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.

How can I contact the Record Management Center?
You may contact the Records Management Officer at 979-730-7022.

Where is the Records Management Center located?
The Records Management Center is housed at the BISD Administration Building located at 301 West Brazoswood Drive, Clute, TX 77531.  The building is across the street from Brazoswood High School.

Types of Student Records

Official Records - An official record is stamped with the words “OFFICIAL” and an embossed stamp with the BISD Logo along with the signature of the Records Management Officer. It is then enclosed in a sealed envelope that cannot be opened by any person except the requestor. Records opened by unauthorized persons lose their official status. Official Records may only be picked up or mailed.  

Non-Official Record (Regular) - Non-official records are stamped with the words “COPY” or “ORIGINAL” at the request of the student along with the signature of the Records Management Officer. Non-Official (Regular) records may be picked up, mailed, e-mailed or faxed.


Where can I receive a copy of a school yearbook?

We do not have school yearbooks at the Records Management Center. Some schools might have copies of yearbooks at their library, for review purposes only. You will need to contact the campus for more information.

Webmaster Login
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.